L.W. Buddy Ledwell and his father, Lloy Ward Ledwell, established Ledwell & Son Lumber in Texarkana, Texas in 1946. Building pickup racks and livestock trailers was a sideline for the company at first, but soon became the focus of the operation.
In 1955, Buddy incorporated Ledwell & Son and built his first truck shop at the corner of Robinson Road and Waco Street in Texarkana. Today, Ledwell & Son includes fourth generation family members and has expanded operations onto an 82-acre manufacturing site with nearly 400 talented employees.
Ledwell products include custom manufactured bodies, trucks, and trailers, as well as, parts and service. Businesses, big or small, come to Ledwell with a transportation need and are provided with the best, most innovative solution each time. Ledwell’s goal is to manufacture quality equipment that is efficient, reliable, and exactly what the customer wants.
Clients include companies in the equipment rental, transportation, vacuum, property maintenance, chemical, energy, agricultural and construction industries.